Linux Mint - Free and powerful

Monday, 10 June 2013

I have no idea how I did this but Notes 9 Admin is running in Wine on Mint 15.

I did a few test installs this morning using Crossover office and Wine 1.5 and always got the same daft result. Typical IBM annoyances.










http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21318216

Install error: 'CWPPR0025E: An unexpected error occurred while processing the provisioning manifest'

I could not get past this with Notes 9 or 8.5.4.

I did have a version of 8.5.2 running in Wine that Mat and I figured out a few years ago but I actually forgot about it. I mean, who uses Notes these days? Apart from IBMers for Mail only as all corporate applications has been stripped away to webshperrre or something. I will just call it a black hole for convenience.

Then as by magic, after a restart some icons appeared!

I clicked on them on Tah Dah!



























No Idea what happened but hey, it seems to work. I need Administrator for now to setup a new domain so this will do.





Yep, Notes 9 or is that 8.5.5?









































Notes is definitely running, for now.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your opinion is important and of value and we appreciate the positive feedback! If you are "Negative Nancy" then please do us, and humanity, a favor, and piss off.

Total Pageviews

Google+ Followers

Pages

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Recent Comments

Rays Twitter feed

Ads

Web sites come and go and information is lost and therefore some pages are archived. @rayd123. Powered by Blogger.