Linux Mint - Free and powerful

Wednesday, 30 December 2009

authentication is required to mount the device ubuntu 9.10

Arghhh,

A few weeks ago I reinstalled a server to act is my new primary server based on an IntelS3000AH motherboard but it was unstable as the network card just stopped working without reason. On windoze 2003 it is amazingly stable but it makes my feel physically sick to run it on windoze!

Another real annoyance was that after every reboot the disks were not automatically mounted which meant none of the apps were auto started. I investigated and it was a bug / feature that crept in. The threads I read reminded me of IBM bugs / features where IBM dogmatically sticks to standard that suit them for example, even though every one uses TLS for secure SMTP IBM thinks it wise to keep SSL SMTP in Domino. Huh? :-)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/devicekit-disks/+bug/396448

It seems the answer is to install pysdm and configure it appropriately. 

sudo apt-get install pysdm

Or:

Use Terminal and:

sudo gedit /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.policy

Find the id:
org.freedesktop.devicekit.disks.filesystem-mount-system-internal

Look for the line:
'allow_active'auth_admin_keep'/allow_active'
and replace it with:
'allow_active'yes'/allow_active'
Sorry the < character is being interpreted by blogger so it has been changed to '

And save!


Have fun!

5 comments :

  1. Thank you!
    Worked like a charm.
    Saved me a lot of work.

    Best regards,
    Dimas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I was trying to mount an old windows hard drive on my Ubuntu 9.10.
    pysdm worked for me too, I mannaged to view the content of the try after the second try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks. I tried it and it worked. I've been on and off it for about two weeks. Great work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Your opinion is important and of value and we appreciate the positive feedback! If you are "Negative Nancy" then please do us, and humanity, a favor, and piss off.

Total Pageviews

Google+ Followers

Pages

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Recent Comments

Rays Twitter feed

Ads

Web sites come and go and information is lost and therefore some pages are archived. @rayd123. Powered by Blogger.